Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

by Singapore Science Centre SSCG -
Number of replies: 0

Who organizes the Young Scientist Badge Programme and suggests the activities?

The activities in the Young Scientist Badge Programme are developed by the Science Centre Singapore with inputs from the Singapore Association for the Advancement of Science. Various partners are also involved in ensuring that the challenges and tasks remain relevant and fun. Some of our partners are Temasek Foundation, Singapore Land Authority and Singtel 

Who certifies the submissions made by the students?

For students registering through schools, submissions are certified either by the school teacher or by educators at the Science Centre Singapore. For students registering individually, submissions are certified by educators at the Science Centre Singapore

How long does it take for submissions to be certified?

Submissions are typically certified between 1-5 working days after the submission is made. Sometimes, especially during HBL or holiday periods, certification may take longer if there are many students who submit programmes at the same time. 

Do I still get paper certificates?

No. The Young Scientist programme is going paperless. Students who have completed the programme can automatically download the certificates from the system and can print them if needed. The certificates are also verifiable on the system. Check here on how you can download the certificates

Will my certificates be accessible after my enrolment has expired?

The certificates will stay in the system and can be verified. However, you will no longer be able to download the certificate after your enrolment has expired. Please download and save your certificates after your programme completion

How long is my enrolment?

Your enrolment to a programme is valid for 365 days from the start of the enrolment.
Will my bages be accessible after my enrolment has expired?
Yes. Badges will be available on your dashboard and profile as long as you have an account in the system 

How do I receive my physical badges?

You can either collect the badges at Science Centre Singapore during the collection period in the third week of September each year (look out for details) or you can request for us to post the badges to you. Please note that there are additional postage charges for delivery. For postage request details, check here.