Featured Project - Sustainable Development by Zoe Buckalew

Featured Project - Sustainable Development by Zoe Buckalew

by Singapore Science Centre SSCG -
Number of replies: 0
Great summary by Zoe on Sustainable Development for the Young Sustainability Champion Programme

Sustainable Development is about how we live in this world. It’s is different parts of life coming together such as the people, the planet, how we develop and can partner to make a better place for living and to ensure that the next generation can continue to live on earth in a good way.

We should be grateful that we live in Singapore because Singapore is safe, has a lot of harmony and we live quite a comfortable life. So we should not waste energy as we will affect the nature with more energy that we use and the more it affects the nature, the less comfortable life would be for us.

Another example, if you want to eat a Burger and there is only Chicken rice, we should count ourselves lucky and eat the Chicken rice and not complain because some children don’t have any food.

Almost everything in life starts from nature example , milk, it has traveled far just for me and you.  The milk starts with cows then the farmers squeeze the milk out ,then it gets in a bottle and then it goes to the market and our parents by it for us.

So we must appreciate what we get and everything that we have. We should always try to reduce, reuse and recycle.

When I play the board game, I learnt many new things and I like the science part of sustainable development because it is fun and interesting. I also like it when I win and can answer the questions because I know a lot about sustainable development now.

Now that you see this I hope you understand so that you can succeed to and make the world a better place.